Renos for Heroes bridges the gap between government funding to the military and their families for home renovation projects.
**Renos for Heroes (RFH) follows a standard application process when processing requests from applicants:
Any individuals who meet the following guidelines:
- Have been active in military service in the past 5 years and have sustained disabling injury(s)
- Have approached the Canadian Military Families Fund (MFF) and other such government organizations that provide funding to Canadian Military and their families
- Have been determined eligible by the government for funding by MFF
Renos for Heroes reviews and approves applications for funding on an as-needed basis. The process takes between 8 to 14 weeks from the time of submission to RFH Board approval.
- Fill in the online application at www.renosforheroes.org to submit to RFH. You will receive acknowledgement of receipt.
- You will be contacted by RFH to advise if the application will go to the next stage of approval; if approved, a phone interview will be arranged.
- The phone interview reviews the project in further detail and will cover the following aspects: scope of work, specific bridge financing required, suppliers and contractors, current situation.
- Provide additional documents as requested for review.
- Application is presented to the RFH Board for final decision.